The Centers for Family Life and the Spruce Street CDC have been partners for several years in an effort to provide part-time professional staff for social service planning and activities for the surrounding community.
The Centers for Family Life, is a nonprofit entity devoted to the enhancement of family life and has as its principle goals to educate, to nurture, to motivate and to lead children and their families in the direction of improved health, academic excellence, and spiritual growth.
The Spruce Street CDC felt that the Center could offer a vital professional family life and community ministry through ongoing outreach efforts through family counseling, education, and prevention service components.In consideration of common goals, the CDC and the Center work together in providing the following types of services:
- Individual and Family Counseling
- Educational Services and referrals for academic problems
- Counseling and advocacy services in academic settings
- Community Involvement as advocate for the church
- Periodic Parenting Classes and other support groups
- Money-Management and similar seminars
- Consultation and direct services to Golden Manor
- Assist with development of proposals with the SSBCDC to support outreach programs of the SSBCDC